Gijima Occupational Hygiene and Environmental Services’ vision is to be the preferred provider in the field of Occupational Hygiene as well as Environmental Services in Southern Africa; not only providing the initial trouble shooting services i.e. identification (risk assessment) and evaluation but more specifically also solutions (recommendation, control projects and problem solving).
- To provide a sustainable Occupational Hygiene and Environmental Service, by building client focused partnerships with industry.
- To assist business (government entities, general industry and mining) to minimise harm to the environment, workers and public health
- To monitor the effect (impact) of work activities and processes on people’s health and the environment.
- To facilitate actions to minimise these impacts on the Environment, Health Hazards, Occupational Illness and associated health risks thereby improving morale, productivity and profitability.
- To provide chemical analytical services in support of the Gijima Occupational Hygiene and Environmental Services and to serve clients who appreciate excellent value and quality.
Gijima Occupational Hygiene and Environmental Services is a business unit of Gijima Holdings (Pty) Ltd that has a 100% black ownership and has been independently rated by Empowerdex as a Level 2 Contributor to broad based black economic empowerment with an “AAA” Empowerdex rating. As a Department of Labour Approved Inspection Authority (AIA), and being SANAS accredited in accordance with ISO/IEC 17020, as an Occupational Hygiene Inspection Body (Certificate Number OH0029 - CI 017) Gijima Occupational Hygiene and Environmental Services renders comprehensive Occupational Hygiene Services in terms of both Occupational Health and Safety (General/Industrial) and Mine Health and Safety Legislation, to international Best Practice standards.
As Environmental Specialists, our environmental services (i.e. assessment and monitoring) are tailored to assist clients in meeting the latest stringent and demanding pollution compliance and data reporting requirements stipulated in the South African Environmental Legislation
Gijima Occupational Hygiene and Environmental Laboratory (OHEL), which is situated in Samrand - Gauteng, is SANAS accredited in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025:2005 as a Testing Laboratory (T0564). The laboratory services currently offered include Gravimetric Mass determination of airborne particulate samples (including preparation of cassettes), analyses of Crystalline Silica by FTIR and Metal analysis by ICP-OES.
GIJIMA OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES:
Current Client Base:
ADT Security, Air Products SA, Anglo Platinum (Mines and Smelters), ArcelorMittal Newcastle, Assmang, Black Rock Mine Operations, Assmang Chrome, Assmang Manganese Cato Ridge Works, Anglo Coal Mines, , Bidvest Facility management (TFMC), City ofUmhlathuze, Columbus Stainless Steel, De Beers, Debswana, ECL Services, Eskom, Exarro, Ferro Metals, G&W Base and Industrial Minerals, Goedgevonden Coal Mine (Glencore), Groottegeluk Coal Mine and Char Plant (Exxaro), Hitatchi, IBM, IFMSA, Imperial, Kumba Iron Ore, Komatsu, Lafarge, Ledjadja Coal (Pty) Ltd – Boikarabelo Coal Mine, MMM Manufacturing, NECSA, Puma Energy, Rand Carbide, Richard Bay Minerals, Rio Tinto, Roshcon, Samancor (Chrome and Manganese), SASOL, SCAW Metals, Sephanku Cement,Sishen Iron Ore Company,SOUTH 32 Coal SA,Total SA, Total Gaz, TRAC, Transalloys, Transnet, Transwerk, Tshwane Municipality, Tubatse Ferrochrome, Vanchem, Vedanta Zinc International - Black Mountain Mineand several other Industrial and Mining concerns across Southern Africa.